The magnolia is an indulgent tropical flower with emotionally soothing benefits. In traditional health practices of China and Thailand, magnolia flowers have been used to help create a sense of balance within the body. A coveted ingredient in high end perfumes, Magnolia essential oil is distilled from the fresh petals of a flowering tree.
Magnolia oil is a precious, costly oil due to the difficulty growing and harvesting the blossoms. It is frequently used in aromatherapy to soothe anxious feelings, and in natural perfumes for its desirable aroma.
doTERRA Magnolia Touch combines exquisitely fragrant Magnolia oil sourced in China with Fractionated Coconut Oil for a natural fragrance. Packaged in a convenient roll on container, Magnolia is a beautiful natural fragrance. It has a fresh, floral, and slightly herbaceous aroma. Applied topically, it soothes and moisturizes the skin.
Magnolia Touch Uses and Benefits
- When anxious feelings arise throughout the day, apply Magnolia Touch to wrists or pulse points. Like Lavender and Bergamot, Magnolia has a calming and relaxing aroma that soothes anxious feelings.
- Promote feelings of relaxation while you’re getting ready for bed by rolling the oil into your palms and inhaling the scent by cupping your hands over your nose. You can use Magnolia oil alone or layer it with Lavender, Bergamot, doTERRA Serenity®, or other relaxing oils.
- When your skin is in need of comfort, roll on Magnolia Touch. It offers cleansing and moisturizing benefits to the skin. The convenient roll-on bottle makes it easy to apply topically to soothe irritation or dryness, or refresh the skin. Add to your daily skin care routine to help keep skin clean and hydrated.
- To use as your signature personal fragrance, apply topically to pulse points (at wrists, throat, behind the ears, and inside your elbows). Use by itself or combine with Bergamot or Ylang Ylang.
- To create feelings of calm and relaxation, roll onto the bottoms of your feet.
Chemistry of Magnolia Essential Oil
Magnolia essential oil is similar in chemistry to Ylang Ylang, Lavender, and Bergamot oils, which are all high in linalool alcohol. Because of the high linalool content, Magnolia offers powerfully soothing and relaxing benefits to the emotions and skin. Experimental research suggests inhaling magnolia essential oil may help to promote feelings of calmness and relaxation.
Oils that Blend Well with Magnolia Touch
Magnolia Touch can be used alone or blended with oils like Bergamot, Jasmine, Melissa, Lemon, Ylang Ylang, Coriander, Wild Orange, Grapefruit, Lavender, Neroli, and Rose.